Build the confidence, strength, knowledge & awareness you need to take flight with Arm Balance 101.
Have you started playing with arm balances in class but want to feel more confident with them? If you hit an arm balance, do you feel happy staying in it for a while? Can you get into it fairly reliably each time or is it pretty hit & miss? Does it feel ‘comfortable’ or are you just hoping not to fall out?! Are you looking to dedicate some time to progressing this area of your practice?
Join me for this four week online group programme, during which you will learn how to structure & develop your own unique practice, implementing key principles that can be applied to ANY arm balance progressions.
Arm Balance 101 isn't tied to a single posture; instead, we will work together to find an appropriate arm balance for you to work with that suits where you are in your current practice (and that may well mean that one or both of your feet stay firmly grounded!).
The program will consist of weekly interactive workshop style sessions delivered via Zoom. Each session will be based around one of the key principles of arm balances & will be a mixture of theory, guided self practice & interactive discussion.
Prepare to be challenged, but in an attainable & accessible way.
Program pre-requisites: - You should have a current (and regular) yoga practice - You should have time to commit to developing your own practice outside of the weekly group session (the more you practice, the quicker your progress come on!). Don't worry, you'll be guided through how to do this! - You need to be confident weight bearing through the wrists (ie. happy holding a full, engaged plank) - This program is for healthy bodies looking to progress a stronger physical practice. If you're currently injured or your energy reserves are low, this may not be the right time for you to work in this way. If you're unsure, let's have a chat first!
what to expect
KNOWLEDGE You’ll learn the key principles around building strong and consistent arm balances, and why each principle matters. STRUCTURED GUIDANCE You’ll be guided on how to create and structure a progressive arm balance practice within a framework that will suit YOU as an individual.
ACCOUNTABILITY The programme will be delivered via a mix of weekly live workshops, with exercises and activities for you to complete on the days in between.
COMMUNITY You’ll be doing this programme alongside a group of others – we'll have a private Facebook group within which you can ask questions as you go (to me & each other!), bounce ideas around & support each other’s progress.
This program is perfect for you if:
- You want to learn more about you and your body. You’ll discover where your strengths lie, the things that stop you and
- You thrive with community and accountability. Whilst there’s plenty to do in your own time, we’ll have weekly sessions exploring the different principles that make up effective arm balances with regular check ins and accountability through a private FB group. Often you can learn as much from each other as you can from me!
- You’re interested in developing your own home practice outside of group classes. You’ll develop a toolkit of principles that can carry over into other areas of your practice which can be applied to anything you might want to work on in the future.
This program is NOT for you if:
- You want step by steps drills to follow - Arm Balance 101 is about giving you the tools and guidance to create a progressive practice that is unique to you. Each of you have you have different aims, intentions and starting points so rather than giving you generic instruction, I will be guiding you through how you can optimise the next 4 weeks for maximum progress.
- You want a quick fix with minimal effort. Work takes work! If you want your arm balances to improve, you have to put the work in…I can help you to develop an awesome targeted practice, but you’re the one who has to do it. The more you put into the next few weeks, the more you’ll get out of it. - You’re not prepared to be challenged. This program is intended to take you out of your comfort zone - whether that’s through building strength, confidence or simply through trusting that you have the knowledge and skills to let your practice literally take flight in a whole new way. You might just surprise yourself!
4 week online course
- 4 x Weekly ‘principles’ online workshops - Limited group size so you get plenty of time to ask questions - Structured 'homework' to take the exercises from the principles & develop them into a self practice - Private Facebook group for Q&A & discussion throughout the week as you put the theory into practice
online group workshop every thursday at 7pm Starting thursday 28th may - 18th june
If you're interested in joining me, please fill in the quick form below so I can check whether Arm Balance 101 is right for you!
If I think you could benefit from the course, I'll be in touch shortly with details of how you can book your place.
Course bookings are non refundable & non-transferable.