This workshop is suitable for 4-8 year olds and will be fun and playful session where children can explore their imagination. Yoga helps to create a wonderful foundation in life; from learning to be still inside, to allowing the safe expression of all emotions.
Typically, a kids yoga workshop will include playful and imaginative yoga-based practice, exploring a theme or subject. The session will end with a relaxation/visualisation. In essence, the class will help to:
• Promote children's confidence and self-esteem – participation in yoga is not competitive and steeped in a playful approach, instead children may feel a great sense of achievement from trying poses and feeling good in their bodies from yoga activities/exercise and breathing
• Promote focus and concentration
• Create an opportunity to help with social skills– yoga games focus on teamwork, listening and cooperation
• Improve coordination
• Improve flexibility and fitness
• Teach children how to be calm and regulate their own emotions
The holistic effect of these benefits is to give the child an improved sense of self-worth, an increased sense of self-esteem and in doing so, a happy and healthy life.
This class will be led by Nic from Yoga Tula. Sessions are informed by her training by Birthlight and Rainbow Yoga.
The workshop will be held at the Warrior & Wild studio on:
Tuesday 25th October
11am – 11.45am
£7 per child; £5 for an additional sibling
(please use discount code 'SIBLING'; only to be used with the purchase of another child)